InfernoJack's Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Jack_G45, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Jack_G45

Jack_G45 Well-Known Member

MC Name:

InfernoJack

Routine & Standard Questions - 1 sentence per question or more.

Original & Current Username - InfernoJack is my current username however my usernames prior to this have been Jack_G45, Crunchums and JackTheLad45
    Your Age & Gender - 15 and male
    Your Skype - JackGille45 is my Skype username.
    When did you first join MyrilMC (formally AviatorCraft)? - I joined back in June 2015.
    When are you generally available? - I am generally available every evening and all day of a weekend.
    Which country do you live in? - United Kingdom
    What language(s) can you speak fluently? - English

MyrilMC Experience - 3-4 sentences per question or more.

How often do you participate within the community?
    i participate whenever i can for the community of Myril. I took part in lots of events such as the Destroy the Server event which i just thought was so amusing. I always try to actively participate in the community by joining events like this and setting up tournaments on Factions where the winner gets the coordinates to my base. This is a great event to get players' determination back when bored.
    What server do you participate most actively on?
    I participate most actively on Factions and Skyblock. This is because i've been playing on these parts of the server for a long time and i have a great bond with the players and a successful reputation to maintain. I have a lot of friends on there in my faction and we have played this server for a long time. Most of these friends have even chosen to donate. I also play skyblock regularly because of the amazing community and i just really love the aspect of turning a couple of 'bits and bobs' into something admirable. These are my two favourite games on MyrilMC.
    Which parts of MyrilMC do you enjoy the most?
    I enjoy Factions and Skyblock the most, I like factions because I like the idea of working together as a group of people with a common goal of being the best on the server and all working hard to attack and defend bases. I also enjoy Skyblock because the aspect of turning nothing into something is just so much like real life, I like it in that sense because in a business you have this fundamental idea; the baseline that drives your business and you have to build it up into a successful establishment. This relates to Skyblock as making money from mass farming seems to be the trend.
    Which parts of MyrilMC do you least enjoy? How could you benefit those areas?
    I think if i had to pick the parts i dislike most about MyrilMC is Survival, This is because it defeats the purpose of 'Survival' because you don't have to survive. You're living on a plot rather than surviving the wilderness. I think the best version and more of a player hotspot version of survival would be similar to vanilla minecraft without pvp and with Sethomes.
    Have you had a past history of bad behavior or defiance of our rules?
    Never ever.

Individual Questions - 5-8 sentences per question or more.

Why do you want to participate in our staff team? -
    If you know me in real life or even in game you will know that the most important part of me is honesty, and honestly the real reason for me wanting to be on the staff team is because i think MyrilMC is losing players. I've seen servers that have shut down before and i've offered my help to them but they have all refused. I really do not want this to happen to MyrilMC as this is a server i have spent the longest on. I've made friends on this server; i love the community because they are unique and they make me want to come on even if i don't have anything to do. I don't come on anymore to 'play' i come on to talk to these people and they convince me to play. This is what i love about the MyrilMC community. I also want to be given the chance to influence people and to make a difference. I want to express my great ideas and plans. I've been on lots of servers and i have a long list of features that i love; and features i know players love.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? What makes you stick out? -
    Time for bragging :) You should pick me because i am the best applicant. I have great knowledge of this server and great knowledge on what players like, what features attract players to a server and i also have many ideas on how to make players want to donate. I know these things because i've hosted a server before. I've had just me and 2 of my close friends hosting it with no major publicity and i've raised $100 of donations. I have a fair heart. I know justice i know what's fair. This is why i'm better because i'm experienced and i know my stuff. I also have a great bond with the community of MyrilMC. I also have knowledge of how to spot hackers. I know what all the hacks are i know how to spot them and i know how to spot a liar from what they write. Finally, I'm loyal, I've been here over two years and i really love this server, I don't want it to die.
    How do you think you can positively impact the success of MyrilMC? -
    I can positively impact the success of MyrilMC because i have been on hundreds of servers over a 3 year period and i notice those little things (and some big things) that players really admire. This is one of the things i know MyrilMC needs help with. I know MyrilMC get hundreds of new players per day but they don't have any reason to stay because there is nothing grabbing them. There is nothing currently that says "Hey, Look at me. Play our server" and that's MyrilMC's weakness. I know i can make that better. I also know i can make the more financial side of MyrilMC better because i know what players would really want to donate for. I'm not going to suggest that players will pay $200 just to get /fly like on some of the servers i've been on. I'm not going to even advertise a full package of commands for $5 either. These are decisions that i've seen servers do, this is not MyrilMC's weakness though.
    What experience do you have with moderation/leadership? -
    I've owned a server before that has stood for over a year with lots of players however my host couldn't provide a solid buycraft plan for the server so the server ended. During my time as an Owner of this server i realised how hard it is to be staff. I know what to do, I'm not going to lie, It was hard but as moderator i can make a difference. I promise that. I've also been Developer of a small minigames server, the owner even said to me "Without you Jack, This server wouldn't be what it is today". However during the previous months with the transition from 1.8 , 1.9 and 1.10 the owner didn't listen to me and stayed in 1.8. I also know how to deal with hard situations which i will further prove in this next category.

Scenario Questions - Complete thoughts

"Two players are arguing in public chat, it is almost spam-worthy, what do you do, or tell them to prevent this further?"
    I would give them both a warning via /kick and if they continue i will mute them for 1 hour. If they continue this offence i will temporary ban them for 24 hours.

"A player is posting inappropriate content on the forum, what should you do?"
    I don't know what i can do on the forums or what permissions i have, but assuming i have ban permissions i would ask them to take it down and if they refuse i will permanently disable their account.

"If you're were in the scenario of knowing that your friends were breaking the rules. How would you act in the situation? Would you report it, etc."
    If this situation was to occur with one of my friends i would warn them informally in /msg or if i has their skype i would tell them informally. If they continue i would punish them in the correct way depending on what it was they had done and then say to them "I told you, i gave you an extra warning, Sorry mate but a rule is a rule"

logan likes this.
  2. Super_Nerd16

Super_Nerd16 Member

MC Name:

Robzilla_16

Great Mod Jack way better then your old one #Jackfor2016

Jack_G45 likes this.
  3. Ella

Ella Active Member

MC Name:

Nutty_Ella

OMG good luck meaniebeanie i wish u amazing luck :D